Senin, 08 April 2019

Writing role in second language development #journalreview


Hi everyone!

In this post today I would like to invite you to another analysis of second language development. As you may have read before, I examined the role of reading in learning second language. However, today, I'm going to choose the less popular skills to learn language, which is writing.

I know right.

Why is writing unpopular skill to learn language? 

Some people or even some researchers often seen writing as a minor in promoting second language (L2). That is because writing often seen as a result rather than a way to learn second language. Supposed one say if their second language development is well, just look at their writing skills. In addition, learning language by oral is better in a way that it takes less time and the output will last longer than writing.

Come to think about it, other than reading I learn L2 best by writing. However, not to be biased, my curiosity genuinely want to know if writing can be good source of language development.  

Fortunately, I found this journal that emphasize in writing role in second language development. You can find the journal here or here.

Apparently, nowadays writing is considered an activity that may promote second language development. Role of writing can facilitate the process of language acquisition and development. The journal exposed that writing can encourage cognitive process as well as interactive moves to promote language acquisition. The opportunity in language use also greater. 

In further discussion upon this journal will describe the center role of  explicit knowledge and the relationship between language learning and second language writing.

That's all what I can say. See you on my further discussion next time!

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar